(CCing you because you request it.)

Saturday, 25 February 2006 15:40, Andrew Cady wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 02:27:02AM -0500, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> > On Saturday 25 February 2006 02:14, Andrew Cady wrote:
> > > If reinstalling the OS is the only thing you ever try to fix a
> > > problem, then you should be using Windows.  Unix is not for you.
> >
> > Please don't be a troll.
>
> Trolled is more like it.

That is no better.

> > What did you gain by a cold statement like that
> > -- other than making it clear that you feel superior to him because
> > you know *nix and he doesn't know as much as you?
>
> It felt pretty good.  I don't think OP was really looking for help.
> If he was, he went about it the wrong way.
>
> If OP had done anything at all to indicate he was in fact "learning",
> or even interested in learning, I wouldn't have responded so.

You have failed to address the core question of why you chose to respond
at all when the response you had to offer was not constructive. The
fact that you feel good when asserting your perceived superiority is
not a valid justification. That is not the purpose of this list.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/