nullman wrote:

2 short infos to clarify :

1. VNC over http doesn´t exist

Is that strictly true? Both [EMAIL PROTECTED] and RealVNC Personal Edition offer a version that allows access through a web browser on the client side, specifically to be more firewall-friendly; what are they doing if they are not putting VNC over HTTP(S)?

2. Port-Numbers can be altered with any version

I do know that much, but that's only half the problem; the protocols allowed by the corporate firewall are the other half...

Solution would be : ssh on Port 443 ... with that you can trick most proxies with the "connect" method to use any proxy-capable ssh-client (putty for example) -> after ssh-connection is ok .. you can do vnc-over-ssh (simple Port-forwarding)

more professional :
use SSL-VPN-software like ssl-explorer( http://3sp.com/showSslExplorer.do?referrer=sslexplorer), which can do port-forwarding in y very simple manner

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it right away, but I don't expect it to work as I expect I'll find the firewall is not configured to allow SSH going out of the network to the internet any more than it would allow incoming SSH (we are talking about a multinational corporation here...)

Unless I am being inordinately stupid, in which case please have patience with me and correct me, hard-core firewalls are filtering based not only on port number but also on protocol. I am not sufficiently senior in my organisation, nor is what I'm trying to do sufficiently strategically important, to give me the power to influence my company's internet facing firewall policy; so the only option left is to find a way to tunnel this traffic over an existing open port/protocol combo. The most reliably available is HTTP(S) over the usual HTTP(S) ports eg 80, 81, 443, etc...

Greets