Hi,

Peter Stoddard wrote:
Hi folks

I am running sarge and kernel 2.6.14.3-smp on a box with a pentium 4 dual core processor.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/$ uname -a
Linux paris 2.6.14.3-smp #1 SMP Fri Dec 9 13:21:36 CST 2005 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                                                              ^^^^^^^
                                                           AMD 64 Kernel

So, I think you are running a kernel for AMD 64. Maybe you should install a different one or recompile choosing the correct processor.

HTH,

Luis