On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 09:39:39 -0700, Justin Guerin wrote:

> module that isn't referred to by another module.  If it removes, then it
> wasn't being used.  If it is being used, you won't be able to remove it.

At times my DVD drive will spin forever, it happened in rare cases, eg, I
broke out with ^C after issuing dvd burning command or something. Last time
it was over 20 minutes and my DVD drive still spin on and on, with
excessive noise much louder than normal. I can't use the eject command or
button to stop the spinning. There is no process to kill, I have to reboot
the whole machine to fix this problem.

It has happened several times to me, I'm wondering if there is any solution
if it happens again.

thanks