On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 04:27:16PM -0400, Yu,Glen [Ontario] wrote:
  <snip>
> What I'm wondering now is if we upgrade to the 2.6.8-3-686-smp kernel via
> apt would it have any ill effects (i.e. it can't detect any hard disks
> again)?

If you're willing to sacrifice your uptime, you can install the kernel
via apt-get without removing the old one, and then your bootloader
should give you the option of which to boot to, and if the new one
doesn't work you can boot to the old one.  That way you can at least
check out the newer kernel.  If it doesn't work, you may want to
investigate building your own kernel (apt-cache search kernel-package).

--
Christopher Nelson -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]