Because i am not really a fan of MS i always try to avoid wmv streams and choose
for real-streams when they are available.

Nice. How do you do it? Realplayer streams are also a propietary format, so
chances
are that VLC or even Mediaplayer won't cope with it. Or am I wrong? In fact I
didn't
try that up until now, so I may be completely wrong...

Maybe the streams which you
can not see are from a more modern wmv version and it is maybe not
supported by the w32-binary codec for wmv.

I agree with that.

I am not sure. If there is
a howto about this matter, i also can not tell.

R.

Let us begin the task of search...;-)

Richard: a huge thank you, you have been *real* useful.

Kind regards...

Juan Javier Martínez.