On Sunday 09 April 2006 02:40, Lloyd Bayley - Berowra PC Services wrote:
>Yes, I realise that...been thinking of it but when I change the cron
> job to run as another user, that user has to be logged in.
>
>I log on locally as root....maybe I should log on as myself and 'su -'
> if I need to do anything system-ish...

Please read fetchmails fine man page.  I find its much happier running
as a sleeping daemon than as a cron job that has to re-init everytime
its run, and you can, on the launch line, also tell it to run as any
valid unpriviledged (uid>500) user.  Here, it wakes up every 90 seconds
and fetches from 3 accounts, then goes back to sleep.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: