On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 11:15:44PM +0300, Taneli Vähäkangas wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have had sudo held at version 1.6.6-2 for a longish time, since
> the newer versions I've tried don't seem to honour the NOPASSWD
> tag. I just un-held it and the current sudo 1.6.8p12-1 in testing
> still misbehaves. Now I'm at a loss what to do.
>
> Here's my sudoers file:
> # cat /etc/sudoers | grep -v ^#
> root    ALL = (ALL) ALL
> taneli  ALL = (maria) NOPASSWD: /usr/games/glines
> taneli  ALL = ALL
>
> As you can see, I want this to succeed:
> taneli% sudo -u maria /usr/games/glines
> So that it does not ask for a password. What should I do?
>

>From 'man sudoers':

When multiple entries match for a user, they are applied in order.
Where there are conflicting values, the last match is used (which is not
necessarily the most specific match).

So switching the two lines around in /etc/sudoers should sort it:

root    ALL = (ALL) ALL
taneli  ALL = ALL
taneli  ALL = (maria) NOPASSWD: /usr/games/glines

Hope that helps,

Michael