Deephay wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
>   I am wondering that if it is safe to using the testing distro (now
> Etch) as the server's OS.
> Any comment is appreciated very much.
> thx!
>
> Deepahy
Why would you want to use testing instead of stable for a server?
Servers are generally very simple creatures with fixed hardware
configurations and running without a gui. What you want is a rock solid
system with no unneccesary overhead. That is what 'stable' is for
and 'testing' genreally speaking doesn't offer any add-on value for this
purpose.
If, on the other hand, you want to setup a "fun-to-work-with" workstation,
which can hotplug all kind of usb devices, sync your cell phone with your
w/s PIM, handle all kind of web based multi-media content in a sexy looking
desktop environment, then 'unstable' is the way to go. But the fun will
come at a cost. Be prepared to spend a considerable amount of time to
fiddle around to get everything working.

regards
Jan

--
** Do not use the reply-to address. It'll end up in the trash can
** Mail me at: janATschledermann.or"REMOVE_THIS"g