Lukas Ruf wrote:
Dear all,

is there a toolset that allows for package being proxied/cached on a
second host?  The reason for my question: a set of computers is
connected to a server that runs 7*24h. Instead of having all the
computers download the packages individually, the server should fetch
all the *upgraded* packages during the night and store them locally in
a pool.  In the morning, the computers would then retrieve the
relevant packages from that pool.   Does there exist such a solution?

I run once a mirror that provided this feature.  Now, I cannot
"afford" to have a local mirror.  Therefore, I would like to store
only the upgraded packages in server-cache.

Is there any solution that provides this functionality?

I use apt-cacher. It's quite simple to set up and works well.

Johannes