Mike McCarty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Only if they want "most" people to read what they write.
> Should people who use Hindi characters change?
> How about Arabic? Hebrew? How about Linear B?

If someone posts Arabic text then he might use Arabic characters with
a proper encoding.  Do you want people to post Arabic with ASCII
characters?

> Why do we even want people only to post in English? Why not post
> in whatever your native tongue is?

Because this is by definition an English list.  But, if someone needs
to include an Arabic word in his post I have no problem if he actually
uses Arabic characters.

If then not everybody can see them because of his local setup - well,
so be it.

Matthias