On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 07:37:51AM -0500, Kent West wrote:
> Søren Christensen wrote:
> > I've upgraded to Etch and Xorg on my laptop.
> >
> > How do I configure xorg to output on external VGA. There is no X on
> > projector, only tty, that is, I can follow booting on the projector, but
> > when gdm starts output dissappears.
> >
> > How can I configure the s-video output? I would like to show video from
> > DVD and from mpeg-streams.
> >
> > Severino
> >

> I've never used s-video out, so I may just be generating noise. But on
> my Dell laptop, in order to get output from a projector plugged into the
> external VGA connector, I have to hit the key combo on the keyboard that
> switches output from the built-in LCD to the external connector. It's
> something like Fn-F2. This appears to me to be more controlled by the
> laptop's BIOS than by Debian/X. (I can't get a mirrored setup though;
> it's either internal or external, never both. Bummer.)

In my case, I can use both. When using Sarge there was output from X
(xfree86) and when I use WinXP (dual-boot) but not now. On winXP I had
to change the setup (some mouse-clicking, not easy to tell what happend)
to be able to show video.

I also have this key-combo (Fn-F5 in my case) but I've never really seen
the effect of it.

Normally I would prefer a mirrod setup, but once and a while I would
like to have to different output, but I might be running out of memory.

Severino