On Thursday 27 April 2006 20:15, Matthias Julius wrote:
> Since when is it doing so?  You could try to set TZ=CEST.  What is the
> content of /etc/timezone?

TZ=CEST didn't have any effect, and /etc/timezone contains a
line "Europe/Oslo" which is correct.

I have found the problem now by comparing the strace output from the date
command running as root and as tmac. The problem was that only root had read
access to the file /etc/localtime. After enabling read access for others it
now works correctly also for 'tmac'.

I am not exactly sure, but the problem may have started when I tried to adjust
the time using KDE.

Many thanks for your kind assistance, Matthias!

Best regards,
TMS