On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 08:02:48AM -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> Digby Tarvin wrote:
> >
> >But I have no idea why the '.load' suffixes - and it would appear
> >that the system doesn't know either, because all it does is produce
> >a series of 'FATAL' messages on the console during boot...
> >
> >Does anyone know of a reason for this? Or is this something that should
> >go into a bug report to the install people?
> >

> Check the current bug reports against the installer (I think it is a
> pseudo-package).  If it is not already reported, consider filing a
> detailed bug report.  What they likely want to know is:
>
> - How exactly you installed (e.g., what options you chose, etc)
> - What config changes you made after install
> - What version of the d-i (e.g., release number or dailiy build)
> - Exact error messages you receive on boot

I did submit an installation report which described all the things
which didn't work during or immediately after the install.

But that was before I had worried about any of the benign problems
that don't seem to do any harm, but are redundent or innefective.

I'll send in another report. There are a couple of other ugly
error message during boot which it would be nice to get cleaned
up, like a bunch of:
        skipping already loaded module xxxx
messages, and other things which flash by to fast to see.

Does anyone know if there is a way to capture all of the console
messages that are displayed during boot?

Dmesg is only a subset, and I can't see anything else in /var/log.
I don't really want to compile a kernel with a serial console
because then it would no longer be the unmodified results of
the install that I would be looking at. And more importantly,
the only serial port that I have is a USB serial adapter, and
I am not sure that a serial console could use that....

Regards,
DigbyT
http://www.digbyt.com