On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 02:54:31PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 April 2006 12:41, Barbara Oncay wrote:
> > I have been trying to unsubscribe with no success.
> > I have sent more than 10 e-mails with no response.
> > I have used the cancel link but it only sends me to a link where I am
> > directed to subscribe to a link. TELLL ME HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE OR I WILL
> > CONTACT THE FCC.  There are others who can't seem to unsubscribe.

> Follow the instructions at the end of every list message, including this one.
>
> Also, don't threaten people who have the means to find out where you work and
> publicize your stupidity in the international press.

I think everyone in this thread missed the real issue.  I'm willing to
bet that NONE of the messages she wants to stop mention how to
unsubscribe from debian-user.  Remember the subject?  "emusing"...
A shot in the dark led to: http://www.emusing.com/, which has a form in
the upper left corner:

Get FREE FLASH Animations By Email Daily!  [___________] Subscribe Now

I'll bet a beer that this site is the source of her annoyance, not
Debian.  Does the Debian lists site even have a "cancel link"?  I could
only find an "Unsubscribe" button.

Not Found
The requested URL /lyris_unsubscribe.asp was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS) Server at www.zdmedia.com Port 80

On the topic of the appended sig, messages have leaked through this list
without the unsubscribe footer, but none I looked at in this thread were
missing.
--
Rob
  A CONS is an object which cares.