On Sun, 2006-04-30 at 13:44 +0200, Amir Saad wrote:
>  Thanks Roberto, it worked. I have another question, will that affect on
> another service that were started before setting the hostname?. I believe
> that my DHCP sends the hostname but I don't know why it is not set when the
> machine boots.
>
> Thanks.

I've had the same issue a couple weeks back. The solution is to have no
hostname defined. When this is the case, dhclient will set the hostname
to the one received from dhcp.

You can "delete" your hostname this way: just remove /etc/hostname and
you should be ready to go. Of course, instead of removing you should do
"mv /etc/hostname /etc/hostname.bak" so you can easily restore your
system if something goes wrong.

Good luck

Philippe De Ryck