Sumo Wrestler (or just ate too much) wrote:
> Willie Wonka wrote:
> > [...]
> > Oh - and I use Mozilla Mail - but this list (and others) have w-a-y
too
> > much mail for me to d/l and sort through
>
> Create a filter that sends the mail-list messages to a special
folder.
> It is very manageable this way.
>
>  > [...] plus I do NOT use
> > javascript in my browsers (except on occasion), and that makes it
even
> > 10x worse than what I described. I vascilate between on/off when it
> > comes to javacrap, [...]
>
> Use Firefox and the Firefox extension noscript. Noscript allows you
> enable Javascript for only certain sites.
>
> With the Mozilla split-offs Thunderbird and Firefox, this list is
> infinitely manageable for me.

Hi;
I just wanted to say thank you sincerely for the information...
I know of 'NoScript' and I have used it previously, but it crashes my
earlier Mozilla suite version - I'm using Konquerer again mostly (which
enables whitelisting which URLs are allowed to run Javascript and Java)
- and I sometimes use Epiphany and Firefox, and I'm trying out others.
I was just ranting because of how stupid the whole system has become
s-o-o-o friggin ridiculously overly-complicated with absolutely (well,
almost) no *benefit* for the user. It's all about *combating* stuff,
keeping shit out!

I'll get a real mail app going one of these days again...It seems I
have *tons* of exim4 stuff all over the place here in my 'Sarge'
(Desktop + File Server install), yet I still haven't found the exec to
fire it up :-(

...and yet, "Kmail" _is_ easily accessible in KDE,  but after viewing
it and all these settings, it's like learning another OS almost (to
me), but I'm also very very leary of starting and learning a new app
only to find the developers *pull* some of the most-liked features in
recent versions (very-disheartening)...meh - I'll stop whining now :-)

Thanks again;

Regards