At 1148670527 past the epoch, Felix C. Stegerman wrote:
>   * Is it a bad idea to use unstable on a production server when it
>     comes to security?
>   * If so, would you recommend using testing, or stable?
>   * And does anyone with experience running unstable on production
>     servers know of any other caveats I should be aware of?

I ran unstable on a server for several years in order to have some more
up-to-date packages (this was in the woody era). I eventually regretted
it, as e.g. libc updates are things you can live without when trying to
provide a stable service.

I'd just go with stable, keep an eye on the debian-security list and
backport anything that you really need (which should be very little).

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/