Has anyone done a fresh install of Woody on an ASUS A7N8X?  If so, did you
have to make your own installation diskette, and what kernel did you use?
I've followed the instructions in the installation guide to put my own
kernel on the rescue disk, but I can't mount the driver disk image to put my
own modules.  (I'm not sure if this is a problem, I don't have the system
yet so I don't know what will happen if I have an invalid driver disk but
all the drivers are compiled in anyway.)

I see that 2.4.21 and 2.5.70 both support the NFORCE IDE, but what about the
NVIDIA and 3COM network interfaces?  There's a patch for this on the nvidia
web site, but it was intended for an earlier 2.4 kernel and I don't think it
allows not using modules.  I'm tempted to put an ne2k card in for now.
David