Getting GPG errror-NO_PUBKEY 07DC563D1F41B907 for the
ftp://ftp.nerim.net and although I've changes
sources.list to all unstable except for
http://security.debian.org stable and have apt-get and
aptitude updated several times I still get the same
update output errors with ETCH being accessed. Noticed
that there is a Get:1 http://http.us.debian.org
unstable Release.gpg [189B] which might fix the GPG
error but haven't upgraded yet.
My apt-get update output and sources.list are copied
below. Would most appreciate any feedback on this
especially any sources.list errors before I proceed
too far. Would also appreciate comment on what the new
DiffIndex package is that I'm now seeing for the first
time. OOOPS, found one etch line in sources not
commented out. fixed that and redid everything which
fixed the etch hits. However, couldn't install the
DiffIndex or Release.gpg packages as apparently they
are not packages. Does an upgrade or dist-upgrade take
care of the GPG issue and the DiffIndex issue? Also
simulated an apt-get upgrade and dist-upgrade also
with aptitude and couldn't see anything about GPG or
DiffIndex. Aptitude wants to remove as unused some 687
packages that are critical to me such as all of kde,
java, all of apt, all of mozilla, etc, etc. Although
Debian recommends aptitude as handling dependencies
better than apt-get, I find it problematic and that it
creates more issues than it solves unless there is
some underlying secret in using it that I'm not aware
of.
All comments to any of these apt issues are most
welcome. Maybe I can learn something new. PLZ copy my
email as am not subscribed.

DELLXPST450:/home/lchata/jre1.5.0_06# apt-get update
Get:1 http://security.debian.org stable/updates
Release.gpg [189B]
Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates Release
Get:2 http://http.us.debian.org unstable Release.gpg
[189B]
Hit http://http.us.debian.org unstable Release
Ign http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main
Packages/DiffIndex
Hit http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main
Packages/DiffIndex
Ign http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main
Packages
Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main
Packages
Hit http://http.us.debian.org unstable/contrib
Packages/DiffIndex
Hit http://http.us.debian.org unstable/non-free
Packages/DiffIndex
Hit http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main
Sources/DiffIndex
Hit http://http.us.debian.org unstable/contrib
Sources/DiffIndex
Hit http://http.us.debian.org unstable/non-free
Sources/DiffIndex
Get:3 ftp://ftp.nerim.net sid Release.gpg [189B]
Hit ftp://ftp.nerim.net sid Release
Err ftp://ftp.nerim.net sid Release

Get:4 ftp://ftp.nerim.net sid Release [4868B]
Ign ftp://ftp.nerim.net sid Release
Get:5 ftp://ftp.nerim.net sid/main Packages/DiffIndex
Ign ftp://ftp.nerim.net sid/main Packages/DiffIndex
Hit ftp://ftp.nerim.net sid/main Packages
Fetched 5059B in 9s (551B/s)
Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: ftp://ftp.nerim.net sid Release: The
following signatures couldn't be verified because the
public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY
07DC563D1F41B907
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these
problems
DELLXPST450:/home/lchata/jre1.5.0_06#

DELLXPST450:/home/lchata/jre1.5.0_06# cat
/etc/apt/sources.list
#deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian
dists/stable-updates/
#deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian etch main
contrib non-free
#deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US
stable/non-US main contrib non-free
#deb http://security.debian.org etch/updates main
contrib non-free
#deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian etch main
contrib non-free
#deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US
etch/non-US main contrib non-free

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main
contrib non-free
#deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US
unstable/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main
deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main
contrib non-free
#deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US
unstable/non-US main contrib non-fr$
#deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ etch main
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ sid main
DELLXPST450:/home/lchata/jre1.5.0_06#

Leonard Chatagnier
[EMAIL PROTECTED]