Hi all,

I have a Debian Sarge server, running with Apache 2, DAV and Auth_ldap modules. If I avoid authentication (i.e. just apache/dav) things are good ... however, if I try to get apache to authenticate against my ldap server things go wrong.

The relevant bit of the apache config is:

DAV on
AuthName "Wimbledon DAV Server"
AuthType basic
AuthLDAPEnabled on
AuthLDAPBindDN cn=XX_USER_XX,dc=wimbledon
AuthLDAPBindPassword XX_PASSWORD_XX
AuthLDAPURL ldap://directory.wimbledon/ou=People,dc=wimbledon?uid?sub
AuthLDAPAuthoritative on
require group cn=devel,ou=Groups,dc=wimbledon

I don't actually see an error in the apache logs, but I am unable to authenticate with the server - it just keeps popping the authentication window up each time.

The XX_USER_XX is correct, and the XX_PASSWORD_XX is also correct - these credentials are in use throughout the network with no problems.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Pete.