LeVA wrote:
2006. jĂșlius 7. 00:53,
Wulfy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
-> Debian User <debian-user@lists.debian.org>,:
Hi, d-u!

When I play a video from the command line (as a user rather than root)
with mplayer, I get the following output:

*****************
MPlayer dev-CVS--3.3.5 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Duron Morgan,Camaro (Family: 6, Stepping: 0)
MMX2 supported but disabled
3DNow supported but disabled
3DNowExt supported but disabled
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX SSE
*****************

Is it reporting abut itself?  Or what it's detected on the system, e.g.
the kernel's support for the CPU?  Or even the CPU itself?
Those are represent the way how your mplayer was built.

You can get your cpu flags and capabilities:
$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
Yewdales-lodge:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 7
model name      : AMD Duron(tm)
stepping        : 0
cpu MHz         : 1000.442
cache size      : 64 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 1982.46

Now if only I knew what all that meant...  I know, I know...  RTFM...  :)
It also complains about not being able to find the joystick and the
infra-red control.  I don't have either.  I know I can stop it looking
for them with

mplayer -nojoystick -nolirc

but that's a lot of typing.  Can I make that the default somehow?
~/.mplayer/config:

nojoystick=yes
nolirc=yes

{yes,no,on,off,1,0......}
Done and works!  Thanks! :)
I'd RTFM if I knew where to look and my Google skills seem to have gone
with the heat...

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/index.html
man 1 mplayer
Lots of reading... I'll get round to it when I have a spare moment or twenty... :)
I'm looking at other problems but until I can figure out what's going on
enough to put it into words, I'll hold off on that.

System:
Linux Yewdales-lodge 2.6.8-3-686 #1 Thu May 25 02:27:57 UTC 2006 i686
GNU/Linux
Running Sarge with extras from backports.org and debian-multimedia.org
KDE 3.5.0
oh can I guess? the marillat packages? I suggest you to compile mplayer yourself...
I'm beginning to think that may be the only way. I'm still somewhat of a newbie, though. Learning curves, don't ya just love 'em? :@)
Thanks for the help and any further info needed, just ask.

Daniel
Thanks for your help, Daniel!  Much appreciated!

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.