My DSL connection is a SBC Yahoo DSL line... It was originally ordered
as an SBC Enhanced DSL package... I have 5 static addresses so a lil different
than the regular DSL package offering... In my case since they are statically
assigned address block there was no pppoe or dhcp configuration involved...

        As someone else mentioned ask the local LUG and get input... Having
worked in the ISP venue myself I know a lot of times they say it's not supported
but it really just means they won't be able to offer Tech Support assistance...
With my enhanced DSL package they want'd to send a SBCIS technician out to do
the install and wouldn't give me the self-provision kit... I finally after they
missed 2-3 appts to install it told them send me the self-provision kit as I am
a network administrator by trade and "wouldn't let their trained monkeys touch
any of my computers"... I had my self-provision kit and DSL line active in 2-3
days... I had reverse DNS control delegated within a week...

        Regards,
        Jeremy