On 7/14/06, Ron Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jaime Ochoa Malagón wrote:
> Ok, I now understand why "it's narrows it down"...
>
> Newegg doesn't ships to México. That's a problem...
> Do you know another site having delivers to México?

That's what Google is for...

I know I'm looking for it...
Thanks for all your help.

> In the other hand I want to buy a card probed on Debian better if it
> work too on amd64.
> At least with the most higly hopes to work namely asus/evga/etc...

I'm sure it will.  Card companies have seen the writing on the wall
for some time now.

> I already have a incompatible card.

That's just because ATI doesn't care about Linux.

> Thanks for all the bothers.
>
> On 7/14/06, Ron Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> OK, that narrows it down.
>
> Unlike ATI (which makes their own cards), NVIDIA only makes chips.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/SubCategory.asp?SubCategory=48
>
> This page lets you drill down, selecting all NVIDIA 6xxx AGP4/8 cards.
>
> NewEgg sells 2 6800 cards, both with 512MB RAM, and substantially
> cheaper than USD300.
>
> Jaime Ochoa Malagón wrote:
>> AGP
>
>> Around ~ 300 USD Less the better, I have an eye in nvidia 6800 but
>> isn't mandatory.
>
>> Thanks
>
>> On 7/14/06, Ron Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Jaime Ochoa Malagón wrote:
>>> Hi,
>
>>> I really hate my PowerColor ATI chipset video card because is not
>>> compatible with the driver of ATI, this card just Hang every time I
>>> try to install it.
>
>>> I want to buy a nvidia card, the problem is I don't know if nvidia is
>>> only the chipset or nvidia make their own video cards?
>
>>> I haven't a wide offer of products anyway...
>
>>> This card is being offered, and I want to know if any of you could
>>> recomend it to me, I pretend istall this with the nvidia drivers
>>> because I really have been looking for a card with wide video
>>> capabilities under Linux to enjoy it.
>

> http://usa.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=2&l2=7&l3=0&model=992&modelmenu=1
>
>>> I'm not in this list please copy me.
>
>> How much money do you have to spend?  PCIe or AGP?

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Is "common sense" really valid?
are mud people.

--
Engañarse por amor es el engaño más terrible;
es una pérdida eterna para la que no hay compensación

                                                        Kierkegaard

                                                        Jaime Ochoa Malagón
                                                        Integrated Technology
                                                        Tel: (55) 52 54 26 10