On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 01:44:04PM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 13:16:27 +0200, Jirka H. wrote:
> > oh - thx, I was really very blind :)  - and it means, that this package
> > will be only in Sarge (stable) and not in Etch, Sid...? I use Etch.
>
> It was removed from testing and unstable after being orphaned for more
> than a year. Nobody seems to be willing to adopt it as a new maintainer
> and then re-introduce it to unstable:
>
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/soundgrab.html
>
> --
> Regards,
Hi Florian,
this is curious if I understand the situation:
this packages is being maintained in Ubuntu and is abandoned in Debian.
It would seem that(barring DFSG issues) the Ubuntu maintainer should be
told about the situation and asked to help maintian both as it should
not be too much more work, IIUC. Situations like this should not be
allowed to happen as Ubuntu developers should be notified that the
Debian package has been orphaned and it would be good for Ubuntu-Debian
relations to keep packages from diverging from Debian which is supposed
to be upstream barring any major issues.
cheers,
Kev