> Hi Jason.
>
> > At some point I upgraded UDEV, and the following rule broke:
> >
> > BUS="usb", SYSFS{product}="Griffin PowerMate", NAME="powermate",
> > SYMLINK="input/powermate", GROUP="audio", MODE="0660"
> >
> > It gives this error message: Jul 21 11:26:37 localhost udevd[8581]:
> > add_to_rules: invalid BUS operation Jul 21 11:26:37 localhost
> > udevd[8581]: add_to_rules: invalid rule
> > '/etc/udev/rules.d/010_local.rules:2'
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?
>
> You should correct the syntax corresponding to the following guide:
>
> http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html

True... but to be a little bit more specific:

You have several instances of "=" (assignment operator) where you want "=="
(comparison for equality).  udev used to tolerate the use of = in place of
== , but in some recent version it stopped doing so, causing lots of
people's custom rules (including mine) to break, and generating lots of "why
did my udev rules stop working?" traffic in Usenet groups and forums.