Hello

Brent Clark (<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

> You know when you install debian and debconf a screen whereby you can
> add more sources to the sources.list file etc.
>
> Is there a dpkg-reconfigure option for that.

No, the program used for that is apt-setup from the base-config package.
It has however been removed from unstable and testing because as far as
I know the configuration of your sources has been integrated into the
Debian installer.

> also, apart from using dpkg -l to see what packages are installed. How
> would I know what software / packages I can use dpkg-reconfigure with.
> Is there a list somewhere or something

You can use dpkg-reconfigure with any package, but for most it won't ask
any questions. You can use debconf-get-selections from the
debconf-utils package to find out which packages ask questions.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>