On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 00:53:29 -0700 (PDT)
Serena Cantor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks! I use sarge's default kernel, 2.4.
>
> It seems that I would wait for Debian 4.0, which use
> kernel 2.6, in Dec, 2006

APM (Advanced Power Management) should work with that kernel. Is the
apm module already loaded? What is the output of 'lsmod | grep
apm'?

If the module is not loaded, run the command 'modprobe apm
power_off=1'. Add the line 'apm power_off=1' to /etc/modules so that
the module will be loaded automatically the next time you boot.

--

Liam