On 08/08/06 18:27 PM, Alan Chandler wrote:
> Where that gets me to is that the best supported stuff seems to be Intel
> 950GMA - but that I might get by with a Radeon X300 or similar.

I would probably go with the X850.  The r300 project has made some great
progress.  Basic DRI support is in xorg 7 and it's an active project.

Status is here: http://megahurts.dk/rune/r300_status.html

You can grab one from ebay for $50 or so.  I have one using that driver,
but it's on FreeBSD (no xorg 7 yet, no kernel DRM yet).  Looks like
the community with get opengl running on this box before ATI will.

Mitch