On 2006-08-11, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> On 10.08.06 10:37, Mertens Bram wrote:
> > [...]
> > > Maybe it's just a problem of current packages configuration in testing.
> > > Do you have other sources than testing?
> > [...]
> > Some: marillat and debian-volatile
>
> on all of those systems? Maybe other source (marillat) containg some gmp*
> upgrades which are not in sync.

yes, see below.

> > > testing, too? did you apt-get update at the same time?
> > [...]
> >
> > Yes, all my systems are running debian testing.  libgmp3 has been
> > installed on this system a while ago, I can't remember how long ago.
> > But I did run apt-get update on all systems yesterday.
> >
> > All these systems use the same apt-proxy (now) so the apt-setup should
> > be identical.
>
> do they all also have the same sources.list and installed packages?

Yes, the sources.list on all machines points to the apt-proxy on on
the machines where clamav isn't working anymore.

The difference is that on the desktop machine (with the apt-proxy)
debian sarge was installed first (from DVD) which was later upgraded
to testing.  On one of the laptops (where clamav is still working) I
believe to have done the same but at a later time.  On the second
laptop I installed debian testing with a new netinstall CD because the
kernel in stable didn't have the required driver for the network card.

All machines have recently been upgraded so everything should be at
the same version.  I don't believe libgmp3 was ever installed on any
of the machines where it is now "missing".  On the machine were it is
installed it must have been added as a dependency of some package
because clamav wasn't installed on it before I experienced problems on
the other machines.

Is this a problem with the dependencies of libclamav1 or a problem
with libgmpxx3 and libgmp3c2?  It appears to me that the new version
of libgmp3 should provide the same functionality as libgmp3 but that
libclamav1 isn't "aware" of this.  But then again looking at the names
of the new packages it appears to me that these are "transitional"
packages which will be replaced again by a new version of libgmp3
(libgmp4?).  Perhaps I should mail both maintainers?  Or log a bug
against both packages?

Regards

Bram

--
# Mertens Bram "M8ram"   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   Linux User #349737 #
# debian testing            kernel 2.6.16-2-686    i686    1024MB RAM #