Jon Dowland wrote:

At 1155335188 past the epoch, Carl Fink wrote:
I've got an AVI video here that has Ogg Vorbis audio
(0x6770) which can't be played by any of totem,
avifile-player, mplayer, or xine-ui.  I would have thought
that Free players would support a Free codec.

totem-xine or totem-gstreamer? Do you have libvorbis0a
installed?
Totem-xine seems to facilitate a greater number of codecs.

If it's for just straight sound, go for rhythmbox.
Regards,