On Tuesday 22 August 2006 21:33, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
> > So if we use Ubuntu... ;)
>
>     You should be drawn, quartered, stabbed, hung, shot and then
> REALLY hurt.
>
>     Of course I'm the one with Mepis on my desktop.  But in my
> defense Debian's on my laptop and router/file server.  :)

I tried Mepis for a while.  It was fine for the 1st six months or so,
but once the testing and unstable got out of sync, I had more and more
problems adding packages when I had to.  Now it's Debian Stable for my
servers and Ubuntu for my workstation.  Mepis is still on my Father's
system and one day I'm going to upgrade him to Ubuntu because I want
something I know will upgrade easily and not have trouble with new
packages.  (Or has Mepis gone to the Ubuntu repository now, like
Libranet and some other distros did?)

And that's coming from a guy in a state where people are smart enough to
not only pump their own gas, but to also know the time of day that you
buy does NOT effect the amount of gas you get.

Hal