Thomas Dickey wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

Back in 2003 make menuconfig always segfaulted unless I used a ncurses tarball and used that:

Now, 3 years later, it still happens:

...and still (google says I commented in Sun, Feb 6 2005 11:20 am),
the only way to proceed is to run menuconfig with a debugger.
I guess it's harder now - the more recent versions have lxdialog loaded
as part of another program - but still doable.  valgrind and ltrace also
would be useful here...

Thanks Thomas, let me try that. It is just too silly. I have that ncurses5 tarball installed but refuse to use it.
make xconfig works, but running this under X is unnecessary.