On Thursday 24 August 2006 21:37, Hal Vaughan wrote:

> But Paul, you're non-free.

Sure, but I also work for a living, I provide a service to my employer.  Other
people make goods.  Yet others seem to think it's acceptable to consider an
intangible and infinitely reproducible idea as property to be profited from.

This isn't to say programmers shouldn't make money:  They're providing the
service of programming so you don't have to.  But to do that, then turn
around and charge a couple hundred bucks for something that has no natural
scarcity, then saying they can't change it or fix it?  That's just morally
bankrupt.  That's like saying "I thought of it first.  Nobody else can think
any thought like that again without paying me!"

--
Paul Johnson
Email and IM (XMPP & Google Talk): [EMAIL PROTECTED]