On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 07:54:07PM +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm still interesting in knowing why people still use GCC-2.95 and the
> older kernels, 2.2 and 2.4. As for the kernels, it used to be that the
> older ones were more stable since 2.6 was also a development series,
> but is it still the case.
> The most interesting issue is the usage of Linux 2.2.x series. are
> there any advantages?
It simply works. Why should I change the kernel if the hardware didn't change
in the last six or seven years?
New kernels for old hardware often means that drivers are unmaintained now
and maybe broken because they're not ported to some current changes in the
kernel. Avoid all those problems and use something you know that it works.

Cheers,
Sven
--
If you won't forgive me the rest of my life
Let me apologize while I'm still alive