Hi,

   In /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf are the words:

% If a change here appears to be ignored, try redumping the format file.

and I've encountered errors a seemingly configuration error when using
the passivetex package:

! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [pool size=435777].
\iterate ...leCount :\the \arraylength \endcsname
                                                  \relax \else \advance \arr...
l.3995 </fo:block>

If you really absolutely need more capacity,
you can ask a wizard to enlarge me.

   So, how do I do this? And, if the answer to this question is:
"Adjust the line 'pool_size.pdfxmltex = 500000'
in /etc/texmf/texmf.d/96passivetex.cnf", then how do I redump the
format file?

Thank you,
Elizabeth