Hello,

if i do
make-kpkg kernel_image
and then
dpkg -i
linux-image-2.6.18kay-wlan2_2.6.18kay-wlan2-10.00.Custom_amd64.deb

there is an error:
Missing Required paramater 'Old' at
/var/lib/dpkg/info/linux-image-2.6.18kay-wlan2.postinst line 393

Using a revision tag don't work around this.

I have to compile the kernel for myself:
make -j 25 all;make modules_install;make install;update-grub
and the run dpkg -i linux....deb
This works and I just get an warning that there is an installed kernel,
yet.

Why works the dirty second way and not the first?

And another little question: how can I achieve that make-kpkg also
starts different processes like I do it with make -j 25 all?

Best regards,

Kay