Jake Johnson wrote:

Hello,
I need to know a fast way to convert 1600x1200 to 800x600 pictures from
the command line.  Any ideas on how to do this?

I did this a few months back, and once I figured out the command to use and the syntax, it was really easy.

mogrify -resize 800x600 *jpg

I believe it's in the ImageMagick package, although "apt-cache search" doesn't seem to know about it.

I'd suggest you have a backup of your images. IIRC, the original file will be overwritten with the converted file.

--
Kent West ([EMAIL PROTECTED])