On Wednesday 22 November 2006 22:22, anson wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 12:46:07PM +0530, Amit Joshi wrote:
> >> While trying to upgrade my Debian Testing system, it shows me a horde of
> >> packages that could be upgraded. But take a look at the bottom of this
> >> output where it mentions the size et al. The size of the _to_be_fetched_
> >> packages is 227MB, while it is gonna use around 1.5MB of disk-space??
> >>
> >> Kinda weird..I don't understand. I would simply download the single
> >> 1.5MB Package, right?
> >
> > Any chance that the to-be=fetched package is compressed, and it has to
> > be uncompressed during installation to be useful?
> >
> > -- hendrik
>
> The thing to remember is that all these packages are already installed.
> The new versions total 227MB, but the _difference_ in installed size is
> only 1.5MB
>
> Regards,
>
> Anson

Oh..I see. Thanks for the info. :)
Maybe I will simulate this upgrade and see what versions are the packages
gonna be upgraded to.
Also, do all of you do a daily upgrade of your "Debian Testing" to stay
uptodate and avoid bulk upgrades?
--
Regards,
Amit.

Remember fellas, what we do in life echoes in eternity!