Hi Folks,

Like several others, I've got an etch installation with kde where the
kde control panel is empty. The last time this came up, someone
pointed to a kind of lost and found within kde - it shows up as one of
the directory-like choices in that application menu. Sure enough,
I've got a huge lost and found menu, which will probably let me get at
the various kde control center options, but what I want is to fix the
control center.

I don't know how kde works, internally. How do I get these tools to
appear where they belong? Am I looking for a directory tree, to be
fixed with mv, some text file to be editted, or (I fear) some binary
file to be modified only with some doubtless graphical tool?

Also, assuming I fix whatever got misinstalled, how do I avoid having
it break again every time some kde component is upgraded?

--
Arlie

(Arlie Stephens                               [EMAIL PROTECTED])