Kevin Coyner wrote:
On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 07:12:06PM -0500, Tom Allison wrote......

Today I'm trying to set up SASL with postfix for AUTH.

I'm going through the postfix docs on how to set this up.

Most of it doesn't seem to apply since the commands like
'saslpasswd' are not available based on the testing installation.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about doing this via
.deb?  Doesn't look like it will work or I'm missing a lot of
something...

Read this: http://workaround.org/articles/ispmail-sarge/

It's the best, most comprehensive write-up I've seen for an ISP
style mail service using Postfix, SASL, Spamassassin, etc.

There is also this
http://wiki.debian.org/Manual-Howto#head-bf008f4d5019a18b892d243e2ad5f407a30c41a4

but its more of how to authenticate to other server with postfix using sasl
lucas