On 1/9/07, Ken Heard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Fortunately, for most of
my writing I am still using -- believe it or not -- WordPerfect 5.1 on
Dosemu.  It prints beautifully.  In my estimation the best word
processor ever.  However, when I need to I convert 5.1 files to 8.0 for
Linux, where I can format them as ps or pdf files.  In extremis I can
even convert WP files to MS Word files using OpenOffice.

I'm impressed that you're using WP5.1 with dosemu!  But I have no trouble
printing from WP8.  As you indicate you have a functioning WP8, you may find
my page about Debian and WP8 useful.  It's at

http://ul451.gsu.edu/~pwiseman/WP8_and_Debian_GNU_Linux.html

It includes stuff about getting WP8 to print with CUPS.  It also works
beautifully.

Patrick