On Friday 26 January 2007 18:44, Piotr Dziubinski wrote:
> I'm irritated cause I expect that operating system will ask me about
> such kind of changes.

Apt does.  If you're running Stable, that kind of change would not have
happened.  If you're running Testing or Unstable, well, then you can
either run apt automatically and update at fixed intervals with cron or
you can run it yourself, in which case, you were asked and didn't
realize it.

> It is a reason why I have started to use Linux. I want to have
> complete control in all changes made in my operating system. As You
> mentioned, Iceweasel isn't real Firefox.
> If I knew that upgrade of Firefox, would change my Firefox into
> Iceweasel, I wouldn't do it!

Which means you're either updating automatically, through a cron script
or something similar, or you didn't read the notice you were given.  If
you've read up on the three branches (Stable, Testing, and Unstable),
then you'd understand how things like this can happen in Testing and
Unstable.

Sorry, but the blame for not seeing this coming is on your shoulders and
due to your lack of knowledge about the system you were using.

It's your choice to leave Debian or not.  Personally, if you're going to
come onto a mailing list and use profanity, I won't be upset if you're
going to leave.  If you decide to settle down, think through what you
do AND what you write, then you would likely have a lot to contribute.
The choice of what you do and how you elect to define yourself in this
community is yours.

Hal