I have an unstable system on which I'm trying to install g++ but I've
been getting the below dependency problem for about a month. Could
somebody highlight whether this is just an 'unstable' "some packages
just not ready" issue or something deeper? I've included what I think is
all the required info. Thanks, Michael

Script started on Sat 27 Jan 2007 14:18:36 GMT
~$ sudo apt-get install g++
Reading Package Lists... 0%Reading Package Lists... 100%Reading Package
Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... 0%Building Dependency Tree... 0%Building
Dependency Tree... 50%Building Dependency Tree... 50%Building Dependency
Tree... 84%Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  g++: Depends: g++-4.1 (>= 4.1.1-2) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
~$ sudo apt-get install g++-4.1
Reading Package Lists... 0%Reading Package Lists... 100%Reading Package
Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... 0%Building Dependency Tree... 0%Building
Dependency Tree... 50%Building Dependency Tree... 50%Building Dependency
Tree... 84%Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  g++-4.1: Depends: libstdc++6-4.1-dev (= 4.1.1-21) but it is not going
to be installed
E: Broken packages
~$ sudo apt-get install libstdc++6-4.1-dev
Reading Package Lists... 0%Reading Package Lists... 100%Reading Package
Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... 0%Building Dependency Tree... 0%Building
Dependency Tree... 50%Building Dependency Tree... 50%Building Dependency
Tree... 84%Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  libstdc++6-4.1-dev: Depends: libc6-dev (>= 2.3.6-7) but it is not
going to be installed
E: Broken packages
~$ sudo apt-get install libc6-dev
Reading Package Lists... 0%Reading Package Lists... 100%Reading Package
Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... 0%Building Dependency Tree... 0%Building
Dependency Tree... 50%Building Dependency Tree... 50%Building Dependency
Tree... 84%Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  libc6-dev: Depends: libc6 (= 2.3.6.ds1-10) but 2.3.6-15 is to be
installed
E: Broken packages
~$ sudo apt-get install libc4 6
Reading Package Lists... 0%Reading Package Lists... 100%Reading Package
Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... 0%Building Dependency Tree... 0%Building
Dependency Tree... 50%Building Dependency Tree... 50%Building Dependency
Tree... 84%Building Dependency Tree... Done
libc6 is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 255 not upgraded.
~$ dpkg -l libc6

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
uppercase=bad)
ii  libc6          2.3.6-15       GNU C Library: Shared libraries
~$ uname -a
Linux p3-450 2.6.8-2-686 #1 Thu May 19 17:53:30 JST 2005 i686 GNU/Linux
~$
Script done on Sat 27 Jan 2007 14:19:47 GMT