On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 11:50:00PM EST, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 09:05:56PM -0500, cga2000 wrote:

> > I reported Bug #352758 almost a year ago and never received any
> > feedback.
> >
> > I am not familiar with the debian bug reports system

<snip>

> You can track your bug at:
> http://bugs.debian.org/352758
>
> It seems to have been reassigned to package "installation reports"

> The maintainer for that package is the Debian Install Team, accessed
> via debian-boot@lists.debian.org

> You could do a google search site:lists.debian.org 352758 and see what
> discussion there has been.

> If you want to comment further, subscribe to the debian-boot list,
> subscribe to this bug, and address comments to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> It really is a neat system.
>
> I hope this helps.

Well .. it did.

I suppose the above helped me get over my frustration and as a result I
posted again to the pcmcia list and out of the blue somebody pointed me
in the right direction.

In a nutshell, the workaround is simply a matter of copying/renaming a
file that comes with recent versions of the pcmcia package to a
different location prior to running the "detect network hardware" step
and the net install runs fine after that.

Now comes the hard part .. updating bug #352758 ..

:-)

Thanks,

cga.