du> It would be nice to see the full error log, if possible

I can't seem to find  one ...

The install script just continues to prompt me for a valid header
file:

  What is the location of the directory of C header files that match
  your running kernel? [/usr/src/linux/include]

The only way "out" of the above is a Control-Z.

Looking around (recursively) in the install directory once I am at the
'bash' prompt, shows no log file.  Nothing in /tmp either.

Where is the "full error log"?

Thanks for your letter!

  -Kenneth