Michelle

Here is an excerpt from Xen Development that I think applies to your situation. There do not appear to be a lot of Debian possibilities as near as I can find out. But I'm still forging around. Your questions are further down.

Here is the scoop from Xen Development regarding AMD.
Thanks, Ted

Hello Ted,

2. Are there any recent Xen binaries that integrate well with Debian? There seems to be little to no activity on the Debian-User list.with only one or two people having successfully established a Xen system. There also seems to be some kind of problem with the single 686 Xen package which seems to have replaced an older AMD package which has disappeared.

we are successfully using xen-hypervisor-3.0.3-1-amd64 on Etch with kernel 2.6.18-3-xen-amd64. Unfortunately 3.0.4 and other versions will not be officially available in Etch and I am still seeking a good alternate repository.

Regards
Bjoern

Also, for what it is worth I understand that the version 10.2 Open SuSE Xen integration performs very well. I am thinking about comparing it with the above Debian recommendation. I'm not sure about the kernel versions in that for every new kernel there must be an associated Xen overlay. Nor am I sure just how compatible the DomU kernels need to be in order to operate with the primary kernel system or Xen Dom0 system. I will have to find out about this. But please note the specific packages mentioned above by Bjoern. You should use the specific packages and not some alternative.

Hope this information helps.

Michelle Konzack wrote:

Hello Unknown Admin,