Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> check out update-alternatives in order to change that... I think.

    Only if ya want the change system wide.  Easier to just set the variable
in your shell's login script.

    Related dumb question, is there a gui tool for setting alternatives?  As
nice as it is I so rarely deal with it every time I have to install a new
Debian (or dirivative) machine it takes me a good Google search to figure out
how to tell Thunderbird I really want to use Firefox as my browser.  :(