Hi, me again...

Yesterday I upgraded my linux kernel from linux-image-2.6.18-4-686
(2.6.18.dfsg.1-10) to linux-image-2.6.18-4-686 (2.6.18.dfsg.1-11).
What was weird already when I upgraded was a notification I received
from apt telling me that I was trying to upgrade an already installed
version in linux-image-2.6.18-4-686 and that I would need to restart
immediately after the installation was complete.

Like a diligent student I did exactly this and once I logged into
Gnome I noticed that my USB mouse no longer functioned correctly. My
system picks up the USB mouse but I get a huge lag when trying to move
it across the screen.

The other strange thing is that if I unplug the USB mouse and insert
it into another USB port Gnome doesn't even pickup that I've added my
mouse to the new USB port. Even with a very basic installation I have
always been able to swap my mouse between USB ports and having it
mount and work but now this function is gone.
--
Regards
Justin Hartman