Ok I managed to resize my root partition but in doing so I have a
problem with my var partition now.

The message I get at boot time when fsck runs is:

# The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 750592 blocks
The physical size of the device is 687104 blocks Either the superblock
or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!

I tried to run:
# resize2fs /dev/debian/var
As well as:
# resize2fs -f /dev/debian/var

But neither work and I get an error that it can't read the bitmap
block or something to that effect.

What is clear to me is that in resizing I have gone from 750592 blocks
to 687104 but somewhere this has not updated yet.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

On 2/24/07, Marcus Blumhagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 10:30:46AM +0100, Gilles Mocellin wrote:
> [...]
> 2) You've got space on /var, so reduce it to give space to root :
> # resize2fs /dev/debian/var 2G
> # lvextend -L 350M /dev/debian/root
> # resize2fs /dev/debian/root
> [...]

You forgot the lvreduce step. Without it there won't be free extents
in the VG.

Regards
--
Marcus Blumhagen

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more
violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move
in the opposite direction."
                                                      -- Albert Einstein

--
Regards